Wednesday, April 15, 2020

So Much Beauty


Matera at 5.30 am, shrouded in mist, slowly revealed itself to me layer by layer. My camera became an intrusion into something sacred so I kept it aside as it was useless trying to capture what I saw anyway. Here was probably the most powerful and memorable moment I will ever experience in my life: Me alone in the world with the force of nature making its presence felt so strongly and serenely around me as a living breathing entity. This was God. 
I was thankful over and over and over again that I was alone, that I had been blessed with this privilege of being alone, and then I simply stood there in humility experiencing this phenomenon that I had been blessed in this lifetime to see.





Matera, every step of the way, every turn of the head, so much beauty.







#matera

No comments: