Friday, December 25, 2015

Making Lace


I had gone to get my large illustrations laser scanned when I stumbled into a small stationery store where I saw these white Signo pens. The white ink flowed smoothly and it was thick and creamy. Only another illustrator will understand the excitement and importance of a find like this. Smooth flowing white pens are a rarity and when you find them they are useful for lots of things while illustrating.

The last few weeks have been spent hurtling through two very tight and challenging deadlines. At the end of it all I was so overwrought and exhausted that I found it impossible to unwind and relax again. Last night I sat on my bed and drew intricate patterns with this pen. It seems to be a good thing to do because at the end of it all I felt relaxed once more and was able to sleep. I wasn’t sure what to do with the lace I made so I cut around it and stuck it inside my new sketchbook. That’s a start to overcome the fear of blank pages!



2 comments:

Beth said...

It's so beautiful, Priya! (I have one of those pens and I love it too.) Sending you Christmas love tonight, and the hope that you'll have time to rest and recharge. Meditative work like this definitely helps! xxoo

Beth said...

It's so beautiful, Priya! (I have one of those pens and I love it too.) Sending you Christmas love tonight, and the hope that you'll have time to rest and recharge. Meditative work like this definitely helps! xxoo