Thursday, May 3, 2012

The New Resident


While the dense green jungle within which I reside continues to be the ruled by a ferocious TIGER, a new resident has made himself at home, at first within the fringes of this green kingdom and then boldly marching all over tiger territory no bird has dared before. I was totally mystified about the new resident's identity. With some difficulty, I managed to shoot a few best I could do pictures with my non-DSLR camera. Within minutes of posting the pics up on Facebook, the ever resourceful Archana pinpointed his identity bang-on. "He is a White-breasted Water Hen!" said she. And we were all amazed and awed that a bird that had to be 'identified' should come and reside right here in the city beside me.




The gorgeous bird drawings of Leonard Baskin >>


2 comments:

RustyNeurons said...

And the TIGER is quiet?? How come!!??

Priya Sebastian said...

Er...le tigre is getting on in years
:-[