Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Deep within the Lab...


An evil artist experiments on a Pear



How many different ways can you show a single object?


How many combinations can you think of with available material?


How many compositions can you figure out?


I experiment with one single object all the time.


And end up with the most surprising results


And varied images
(remember this?)


 They are endless



And lots of fun!


For a workshop

Click here to see pictures from my previous workshops >>

7 comments:

Julie Lapointe said...

How I'd love to participate and to meet you in person! Maybe one day!

I also like to experiment on endless variations. Well, yours are more than just variations!

I love the movement and energy in the first image, like a storm.

The blue pear is also gorgeous; there is a kind of "I am here" feeling about it. :-) And the way you mixed 2D and 3D, it seems to be floating.

There is so much presence and personality in your work Pryia!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Love Exploring a theme.. your students are going to enjoy themselves. Lucky, Lucky!!

pRiyA said...

Julie, of course we will meet. I must go to the forest and pick mushrooms and paint pebbles...
Thank you for your lovely comment :)

Gwen: Well, lets hope so.

Julie Lapointe said...

@ Priya: the forest and I are waiting for you!

pRiyA said...

Julie: I am really looking forward to that day :)

ArtPropelled said...

If you havn't read Sue Bender's Everyday Sacred, I think you will enjoy it. She painted a pear a day. I LOVED the book!

mizu designs said...

Can I just say how much I LOVE that blue pear? Gorgeous!