Saturday, December 29, 2018

Yazdani Bakery

One of the memorable places I visited during my visit to Bombay was Yazdani Bakery. I entered into a light blue time capsule where time stood still and savoured every bit of the old-world charm there. Here it is in photographs and drawings in my sketchbook -


Don't miss the black and white flooring.




How lovely are these walls, how full of layers, stories 
and character.


A bread slicing machine also in the colour scheme of light blue to co-ordinate with the rest of the bakery.


Uncle-ji of Yazdani Bakery, like the bread slicing man, he too is wearing a light blue shirt. If we ask him for a photo, he rolls his fists and poses. He is full of stories and insists we try the bread pudding.


Uncle-ji insisted I take a picture of this plaque





I cannot help but notice that my sketchbook too is light blue, which I will from now on always associate with Yazdani bakery.



#Yazdanibakery

No comments: